How To Quit Smoking



By Steve Hill

Do you smoke? Would you like to quit smoking? Are you looking into the best ways to quit smoking? Now is the time to stop smoking, it is no longer cool to smoke, the cost of a packet of cigarettes is just incredible and smoking is banned in almost every public place. In this article I will attempt to help people to stop smoking by giving advice on how to quit.

Lets start by being nice, if the first few pieces of advice are not enough to get you to stop smoking then I will start to get tough towards the end of this article.

Lets face it, the cost of a packet of cigarettes is just plain stupid, they are far too expensive. If you were able to quit, it could be the equivalent of having a five percent pay rise at work, now wouldn't that be nice? What you need to ask yourself is what is the maximum amount you would be willing to pay for a packet of twenty cigarettes. Eight pounds, ten pounds, twenty pounds? In a couple of years time they are likely to cost this amount. Who gains from these huge increases?

The government mainly but also the tobacco companies themselves of course. We all moan about how much tax we pay from time to time but here you are seemingly happy to pay way over the odds for your dirty little habit.

After smoking a fag, the clothes of the smoker really smell, and a really vile smell at that. After smoking for a few years, the teeth of the smoker turn slightly yellow, hardly sexy is it?

Has this worked so far, are you now going to stop smoking? No, I did not think so, it is therefore time to get tough.

Despite of all of the things that I have said about people who smoke cigarettes you may be surprised to learn that I also used to smoke. My father, who is quite a rough, tough man, was disgusted by my habit. One day in a fit of rage he drove me to our local hospital. He took me through to the cancer the wards. I was left numb by the whole experience. Young men and women, barely into their fifties, lying their with lung cancer, cancer no doubt caused by smoking.

I would like to thank my father as I have now not smoked a cigarette for the last five years.

Stephen Hill runs The How To Stop Stammering Centre, he has a number of websites including:

stuttering

dvd replication

stuttering treatment

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home