Have You Climbed Seven Summits on Seven Continents?



By Paul Vann

Last week I attended Robert G. Allen's, Enlightened Wealth Retreat in Washington, DC. I was learning how to become a millionaire and in the process I was inspired by a man who climbed seven of the world's highest mountains on seven continents.

Robert Allen introduced this world class athlete to the audience and the speaker simply blew us away with his testimony. Want to know what he said to inspire me?

I am glad you asked. The individual that spoke is named Werner Berger, this gentleman is 70 years old and is the oldest person in North America to have climbed seven summits on seven continents.

Let me give you a synopsis of what Werner recently accomplished as a climber. On May 22, 2007 Werner and their climbing expedition departed their camp at 9:30pm at night in their attempt to summit Mount Everest.

For those of you not familiar with Mount Everest, it has an elevation of over 29,000 feet above sea level. Werner stated, 'My body is fined tuned and was ready to go forward, however I was having doubts and fears about the last leg of the climb."

So how was Werner Berger able to overcome his doubts and fears and successfully climb to the summit of Mount Everest? Werner stated and I quote, "I made an adjustment prior to the final leg of the climb, it resulted in my mind and body becoming one. Once I became one, I was not to be denied climbing to the summit of Mount Everest."

Perhaps the mountains standing in your path are not as steep as Mount Everest, yet you still have to climb them because it involves your livelihood. I say to you, put one foot in front of the other, align your mind and body so it will become one and reach the top of your summit in life.

There is absolutely nothing that can stop you from living your best life possible, all you have to do is remain focused and never retreat. I know you can do it because you were born to win.
Paul Lawrence Vann is a motivational speaker and author of the book, Living on Higher Ground.
He leads Fortune 500 companies, associations, government agencies, and educational institutions to achieve higher levels of excellence through his leadership and diversity strategies. Hos clients include MasterCard International, United States Air Force Academy, USEPA, National Military Family Association, Toastmasters International, John Hopkins University, and numerous other organizations. http://www.paullawrencevann.com,
http://www.livingonhigherground.com,
http://pvann.blogspot.com,
(800) 476-8976.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home