Post Partum Depression - The Uninvited Guest



By Jedidiah J Taylor

Post partum depression is the uninvited guest that creeps its way into our lives at our most vulnerable moments. Not only are we tired from having a new baby, but we are very emotional and stressed. Understanding what post partum depression is can be an actual life saver for those who are pregnant and expecting. If I would have understood the symptoms of post partum depression before it crept into my life, I wouldn’t have almost wasted two years of my life and came close to wanting to just end it.

The reason I described post partum depression as the uninvited guest is because of course it messes with not only our mental health, our physical health, as well as people on the outside, such as our kids and husbands. There are many forms of post partum depression, ranging from mild to severe, from hearing voices to having panic attacks and fearing impending death.

After I had my third son, I started feeling like I was going to die. I literally felt the heart thumping, so I thought I was having a heart attack and then other times I would get weak on one side, so then I thought I was having a stroke. Even after many trips to the ER and my doctor’s office, I still didn’t believe that all that was happening to me was post partum anxiety/hypochondria. I finally realized after months of fighting this that I could overcome it by just understanding what my symptoms were and why. After I had my fourth child, I knew for a fact that I would have it happen again, and sure enough it has. My daughter is now 14 months old and I still have panic attacks and hypochondria.

I suggest to anyone that if you are pregnant and having a baby, then you should read up on post partum depression so that you can prepare yourself in case it may occur. Get to the doctor if symptoms occur and try to fight it!

I am a survivor of postpartum depression. I am also the mother of four. I have lots of advice on information pertaining to babies and toddlers. If you would like to see more, feel free to visit my website at http://www.diaperyears.com

Christy Taylor, whom has experienced many ups and downs of post partum is also the happy mother of four children. For more information on babies and toddlers, feel free to visit her website at http://www.diaperyears.com

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home