A Date With Destiny



By Victoria Leal

September 25, 2007, a fine day it’s starting out to be. I’m sitting here in the garage contemplating cutting the yard, at least the front yard. I get into motion, go out and start to pick up the fallen sticks and branches from the hovering trees and my mind is made up. I gassed up the lawnmower and went to work. If my neighbors were looking, they may have wondered what was up with me; I’m tackling this grueling job, with a big smile on my face. I’m not wearing headphones; I’m not listening to anything, but the thoughts inside of my head.

Prior to cutting the yard, I was talking to one of my girlfriends on the phone and I told her that it looked like rain, so I was going to get off the phone and get started. Within only a few minutes, I knew that I was going to get to complete the cutting of the front yard…without a doubt. This was going to happen, no matter what. As I began cutting, it started to rain lightly and my smile grew bigger because I already knew that it would be finished. The rain was so light that you could not tell the difference between it and my sweat. It all looked the same. Then all of a sudden, the rain stopped and I just kept cutting. After a few more minutes, it began to rain again, still lightly…and I still went on cutting…never stopping. Because remember, I knew that the job would be finished, without a doubt. Not once, did I ever say, “Oh God, please let me finish before it really starts to pour down.” It was not necessary. In times past, I definitely would have said that, but not today, not anymore.

As I hit the home stretch, the rain continued but it began to pick up slightly. I had two rows left to finish. At the end of the first row, the rain began to pour down and I continued to smile. On the last row, it was me and the rain, in full force. When I completed the last row, I let go of the mower handle and raised my hands in the air and said, “Thank You.”

Now you may be wondering, “What’s the big deal? I’ve been there, done that.” But here’s the big deal: I knew without the slightest bit of doubt that I would complete my task. I also knew that however it turned out, there was nothing that I could do to effect a change. I’ve never know this before. But at that moment, I knew that there was nothing I could do to stop anything from happening, that what ever was going to happen was going to happen. I also knew, in that moment, that everything that happens in this life happens exactly as it is suppose to…I knew it in my heart, in my mind, in my spirit, and in my body. In that moment, I knew that my life was perfect, whole and complete.

Now, there are those who may say that it was positive thinking or that through some universal law, I willed the completion of the job into effect, or that I visualized myself completing the job…but I’m telling you, none of that is true! I just knew at that moment that whatever was going to happen was going to happen and that there was absolutely nothing that I could do to effect a change, nor did I want to. In that precious moment, my eyes were opened, my spiritual eyes, and I realized that everything that I have been through and everything that I have yet to go through has happened and will happen, EXACTLY as it is suppose to. And with that thought in mind, there are no more worries, no more fears, no more doubts, no more second guessing yourself; nothing but the pure joy of watching this game of life unfold and becoming excited about the tremendous possibilities that are loaded in each and every moment. It’s like watching a script of your life unfold on the screen and you are watching in complete amazement.
Ultimately, you already know the outcome and you already know that by the end of the movie, you will be just fine. You are completely safe and nothing can ever harm you. So, with this in mind, you just watch how the different events unfold, you note your thoughts about the events, and all the while knowing that there is absolutely nothing you can do about it, you just relax.

Know that the script has already been written, the movie has already been directed and produced and has hit the box office. Think of it this way, when you go to a movie, there is absolutely nothing you can do to change the movie. You have no choice but to sit there and watch it unfold and at the end of the movie, you leave the theater. I was talking to my oldest son this morning and he was expressing a concern about is life and as we talked more about it, I told him that whatever decision he made, it would be the perfect decision for him. He said, “What if I start to make a decision and fear sets in and I change my mind and not follow through with my first thought?” And I told him, in no uncertain terms, that all of that has already been factored into the script, if you will.

Every thought, every feeling, every emotion, and every action has already been factored in and there is nothing you can do to effect a change. Whatever you do, you can’t make a mistake, you can’t mess it up, you will make the prefect choice every time.

Because we think of ourselves as humans, we feel that we have to fight back, or that we have to say something, or do something about what is going on in our lives but nothing could be further from the truth. Whatever we think, do, or say has already been factored in, so quit fighting it, quit feeling guilty, quit agonizing over your decisions and when you finally realize that everything really is happening exactly as it should, different things will begin to happen for you and to you. Your higher spirit will not let you down, believe me, it will take care of everything, it will give you everything you desire and then some and right now your only job is to trust, totally and completely, whatever is happening to you.

Situations that have previously been difficult to deal with and that have caused you grief, no longer seem impossible to deal with. The emotions that use to flood your body are no longer there because you realize that everything is happening exactly as it is suppose to and the best part is that everything is happening, for the good of you, no matter if you can see that right now or not, trust and believe that it is. This means that whatever someone else says to you or does to you just know that they are acting exactly as their part has been written. In fact, they deserve multiple Oscars! As TCM (Turner Classic Movies) puts it…”Damn Good Actor!” And this is all anyone in your life is, an actor, playing a role, and doing a damn good job at it. In fact, you should just look at them in amazement because the real truth is that you wrote the script, hired the actors, and you couldn’t have picked a better person to play that part!

Victoria Leal is the Owner of Reality Check.bravehost.com. To find helpful information on how to live the kind of life you deserve, please visit: http://realitycheck.bravehost.com This article is copyright 2007 by Victoria Leal and may be reprinted in it's entirety as long as this byline and copyright statement are included.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At August 10, 2018 at 3:39 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know your projects stand out of the herd. There is something special about them. It seems to me all of them are really brilliant! Marisa Peer uncompromised life

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home