A Glimpse Of Truth



By Victoria Leal

Tonight I was given a glimpse of the truth. I met my Spirit. Earlier, I had been wondering about reincarnation and past lives, whether there was such a thing. I learned tonight that there was, but not in the way that we think. When we think of past lives, we tend to think of the body when actually, it is the past human forms of the Spirit. Our Spirits are as old as this earth. It has lived for millions of years, yet I have only been on this earth for 48 years. I am but one body that has experienced the journey of my Spirit. My body is but the vessel for which my Spirit uses to travel along its predestined path.

Because there is one Spirit that used many, many bodies to travel the path, there will be certain traits, characteristics, innate talents and abilities, that all of these bodies will have in common. I would be willing to bet that all other bodies, before me, were great writers. If you’ve ever wondered how you are naturally able to do something—really well, it is because it is a talent or characteristic of the Spirit that is housed by your body.

When someone with the ability to see your past lives tells you that in another life, you were such and such, they are correct in what they see. They are actually seeing the journey of your Spirit, not your body. For your Spirit has always been and has existed throughout different eras and different bodies.

Because the journey of the Spirit has been on the same path, when we experience dejavu, it is simply our Spirit remembering something or someone that it has already encountered, but in another body. The body that we are now does not actually experience dejavu. But the remembrance is so strong that we feel it.

We, this body, knows that we have never been to this place, or met this person, or spoken these words before. That’s why it is not possible for us, as the body and mind, to experience dejavu. The body remembers things that it has actually experienced but the Spirit remembers through dejavu. It has been to that place, it has met that person--or the Spirit of that person, and it did speak those words.

This leads me to believe why some people get along very well with certain others. It is because their Spirits have had a previous encounter and through the Spirits, the bodies are brought together. And the same could be said for those who don’t seem to get along. My body was chosen by my Spirit. When you think about it, what a privilege it is to know that every part of you was hand-picked by your Spirit. Therefore, the Spirit is who we really are. The mind and body are but tools that are used by the Spirit to travel its path.

How does this explain “Free Will” and the ability to think? Are we thinking and making decisions independently of our Spirits?

The dictionary’s definition of Free Will is this: Made of one’s own free choice; the power of self-determination; the capacity to choose freely between alternatives. The Bible states that God gave us free will, which in this case also means the ability to make choices. Free will is what differentiates the human species from the animal. Animals do not think, they operate on instinct. We too also have an instinct but at the same time, we have the ability to think about that instinct and we have the choice of acting on it or ignoring it.

Therefore, by all outward appearances, it would seem that we are thinking independently of our Spirit. But that instinct that we possess as humans is actually our Spirit trying to tell us something. Sometimes, it can be persistent by giving the same instinct over and over again.
Learning to trust your instincts and acting upon them will ultimately bring our Spirit one step further on its chosen path.

As humans, we have no mission or purpose. It is the mission and purpose of our Spirit that is being achieved, through the body. And its ultimate purpose is to make its way back to God, from whence it came…not that it has ever been separated from God…that would be impossible. In a sense, the body is just along for the ride. However, for the purpose of the journey, it is necessary.

Our Spirit knows the truth of our nature as humans. And the more it can bring the body and mind in harmony with itself, the more peaceful and joyful will be the experience of the body.
Since this is the part of us that we, as humans, identify with most, we always want to know, “What’s in it for us?” Well, here is what’s in it for us…a life abundant with peace, joy, and love. You ask, “How do we get that?” And the answer lies in listening to your Spirit (your inner guide) and learning to trust your instincts and acting on them.

It is said that we are co-creators of our lives, and we are. But to truly understand this concept, you have to accept full responsibility for your choices (free will) and understand the Law of Cause and Effect, which simply states that for every cause (decision) there is an effect (outcome). Nevertheless, regardless of the decision you make, the path remains the same but the journey may have taken a turn.

I can think of situations where had I listened to my instincts, I would have made a different decision which would have called forth a different outcome. But without knowing the mission and purpose of my Spirit, who’s to say that I didn’t make the “right” decision?

In my relationship with my ex-husband, for example, had he and I not been together, I would not have my two oldest sons, which I adore. They are who they are because they were sired by him and me. However, my instincts were telling me that I would not be in this abusive relationship for long. I knew that one day I would be free, but not before they were born.

However, before he and I met, my goal (me, Vickie) was to become a veterinarian, which obviously did not occur. But back then, I believed that was my purpose. Then I believed that my purpose was to become an Attorney, which obviously did not occur. This brings me to my youngest son. Had I not moved to Kentucky and met his father, he would not be here, as the incredible person that he is. He is who he is because he was sired by his father and me. What really prompted me to move to Kentucky? The reason that I gave myself was that I was tired of Houston. Also, at that time (1986) the threat of gang was on the rise and I wanted to protect my two sons from any possible involvement.

But was that the real reason? The urging of my Spirit was very strong, in fact, I could not think of anything else. I knew I had to move. I knew I wanted to move. My youngest son was waiting for me, which goes to prove that although the journey may take several turns, the path remains the same. The mission and purpose of my Spirit remains the same.

When I look at my life today, I can clearly see a unity of my Spirit, my mind, and my body beginning to take shape. I am learning to trust my instincts and to act upon them. I am learning to trust my Spirit on its journey and although I am only along for the ride, I am beginning to enjoy the ride. I am beginning to experience the joy, love, and peace that comes with a united body mind, and Spirit.

Victoria Leal is the Owner of Reality Check.bravehost.com. To find helpful information on how to live the kind of life you deserve, please visit: http://realitycheck.bravehost.com This article is copyright 2007 by Victoria Leal and may be reprinted in it's entirety as long as this byline and copyright statement are included.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home