You Better Do It Before You Lose It



By Vanessa Brown II

We all constantly hear over and over, that it is so important for us to exercise. But so many of us do not. My wake up call was when I started getting arthritis at the age of 25 in my wrist. I was a Secretary at that time. I type all day long, and also I typed on a typewriter. Some of you may of heard of those things but never seen one. Back then they did not have all the wrist supporter things they have now. My wrist hung down, and was in a bent position, while my fingers stretch upward. Therefore my wrist started bothering me real bad, started swelling.

The doctor to me I had arthritis and there is nothing they can be done about, told me to take aspirin or Tylenol when they bother me. That will help the swelling go down. That this was a slow progression, but it was inevitable. So that what I did, took aspirin when ever I had pain.
Then the knees started going around 30. I wore heels all the time. I mean I even wore heels in shorts. My knees started swelling.

Went to the Doctor, this time the doctor simply told me to stop wearing heels. (What, What Stop Wearing Heels, I thought The Doctor Had Lost Her Mind) she said I was putting too much pressure on my knees. I listen , but however I still wore my heels on certain times. The next day, my knees would be so sore. Well this went on for awhile. Finally I gave in, you have to understand, I had light blue shoe, dark blue shoes, red, purple, brown, green, pink, (a lot okay) of shoes. I gave them to my friend, she didn't seem to be having any knees issues. She kept telling me how happy she was about all the new shoes she had. I was so upset, so I started researching arthritis. Found out it was the inflammation of joints. The gel between your bones is leaving your body and the bones are hitting against one another. And the reason for arthritis is that you are missing certain minerals out of your diet. And also if you keep your joints moving and are lubricated then they work a whole lot better. I started taking a joint supplement (glucusomine) and started exercising. I no longer have problems with my wrist or knees. I still don't wear the high high heels, but I do wear heels.

If I don't exercise for a couple of days, my body feels like it needs to be stretched. If you can imagine that. I know now as you keep getting older which we all are going to do. The movement of our bodies with exercising the less likely we are going to need the canes, walkers and wheel chairs. Even if you walk daily, that is indeed exercise. However a brisk walk would be so much better.

I blessed to say, I don't have the wrist or knee problems. Actually this year 2007, I started a progressive running program for myself. I know now, the only limits, are the one that you place on yourself. That was several years ago when I had all my aches and pains. If I had pursued a serious workout plan, I possibly could have kept my shoes.

Vanessa Brown II A native of Camden, Delaware enjoys skating, swimming and bicycling. Her motto is live life to the fullest, look back only to learn. Always move forward.
http://www.customizeworkouts.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home